It’s been said that one dreamer breathes life into the next. At Mary Magdalene Apostle Catholic Community we have embraced the dream of a transformed Roman Catholic Church. Financial support is essential to breathe life into this dream and to keep it alive for future generations. To underscore our commitment, we support a full-time paid Roman Catholic WomanPriest and a variety of social justice activities. We have an annual Sunday collection pledge drive and a variety of other fundraising activities, including planned giving.
Your donation will help to make our vision for a welcoming and inclusive Roman Catholic Church a reality. We welcome gifts from persons who share our vision but live too far away to attend Sunday liturgy. Most donors simply write a small or large check or arrange a money order payable to “MMACC” and mail it to:
MMACC c/o Gethsemane Lutheran Church
2696 Melbourne Dr.
San Diego, CA 92123.
Such cash gifts enable us to put your contribution to work right away. Here are some other ways you can donate to Mary Magdalene Apostle Catholic Community (MMACC) a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation (Federal Tax ID Number: 26-0136035).
Convenient Ways to Donate to MMACC
- MMACC also welcomes Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card gifts. Simply click on the Donate Now link below. Note: Network for Good is a secure online donation system that has served thousands of nonprofit organizations. To find out more about this service, visit www.networkforgood.org.
- Some of our donors find it convenient to have their bank send monthly checks directly to MMACC from their bank accounts. It has been our experience that banks generally do not charge for this service. Others have found the gifting of stocks to be particularly beneficial from a tax standpoint, a way both to avoid capital gains taxes and to receive full value as a charitable deduction.
- To transfer stock electronically, send a letter to your broker or banker stating you wish to transfer securities to MMACC. Specify the type of stock, the number of shares that you are donating, whether your gift is unrestricted or for a specific purpose, and the date by which the gift should be transferred (two to three business days is normal). Your letter should also include information that we will provide you. Please call (619-334-1722), email (email@example.com), or complete the Contact Us Form regarding the gift and to provide information as to what and how much is being transferred. We will provide you with transfer instructions.
Naming MMACC as a beneficiary in your estate plan is one of the most enduring ways to leave a legacy enabling others to enjoy in the future the special spiritual experiences and social justice contributions MMACC provides today. Almost any kind of asset can be used for an estate gift to MMACC. Some examples:
- Cash, equities, and real estate
- Retirement accounts
- Life insurance and annuities
- Business and partnership interests
- Tangible personal property
One member who has made a bequest to MMACC states, “MMACC is the most significant and gratifying spiritual experience of my life….It is important to me that MMACC is a beacon of reform within the larger Catholic community.” Another declares, “I had been wishing and praying for several decades to find a Catholic community that would be true to my values and life experiences and I have found it here. I want to contribute to MMACC’s future by leaving a legacy in my will that can be used to strengthen this space of spiritual freedom and joy for future generations.”
We recognize the importance of expert financial advice in helping each person to develop an estate plan that meets their particular circumstances and philanthropic interests. Consequently, we recommend that persons who are considering making an estate gift to MMACC consult their financial and/or legal advisors. We at MMACC will be happy to discuss our giving options and needs and to facilitate your gift in any way that will be helpful.