Mary Magdalene Apostle Catholic Community (MMACC), located in San Diego, CA is looking for an individual to manage the technology for our hybrid online and in-person worship services on Sunday evenings. This is a new part-time position, open immediately, and will provide a creative opportunity for the right person.
We are an inclusive and affirming non-canonical Catholic community, committed to women’s ordination, social justice, and LGBTQIA+ equality.
• Set up computer and AV equipment (cameras, microphones,
soundboard, etc) prior to service. Take down and store after service.
• Produce Live Stream (via Zoom) and record Sunday evening worship services (and holidays) that will include in-person and remote participants. (Note: requests may be made for other activities, such as funerals and weddings based on need and availability.)
• Attend to the connectivity needs of participants during events.
• Supervise and train volunteers to assist with production.
• Assist with determining additional technical needs in collaboration with pastor.
The ideal candidate would not only be able to run our current AV/tech setup, but also improve and develop it. For candidates with additional experience and skills in web design, social media, graphic design, communications and/or video production, additional projects/duties and hours may be negotiated.
For more information, view the complete job description here.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Ideal start date is June 1, 2022.